Countywide Park and Recreation Master Plan that serves as the foundation for the County’s 2050 park planning and infrastructure needs. WEC was the prime consultant and provided a number of services to complete the plan, including:
- public outreach and community group/committee collaboration;
- Regional workshop development;
- capital project and location needs assessment;
- Development of a revised and more detailed concurrency measuring tool;
- short, mid, and long term fiscal analysis and funding stream identification;
- Existing facility inventory and condition assessment;
- Draft concept master plans for three priority parks;
- Coordination among County department and associate agencies.
The County has used the Master Plan to receive CAPRA accreditation. Jason Green from WEC served as project manager, Brittney Williamson as assistant project manager, and WEC worked closely with a consulting team of park planners, landscape architects, and Florida Gulf Coast University researchers.